Zapier Integration Question

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to use the Zapier integration to create multiple “things” instead of just one “thing”?

Here’s what I am trying to achieve… I have an application that takes raw sales data for my company and processes it into various reports. Currently I have to manually upload the data daily.

I receive an email daily with the data in a CSV file and I can use Zapier to get the data in my application but Zapier creates one “thing” even though the CSV is setup as a table with multiple rows.

So for example, if my CSV file has has data for four retail stores, each in their own row with column headers, instead of four “things” being created in my application, I get one “thing” with the data for all four stores.

The first table below is an example of how the data is being sent to Zapier, and the bottom table is how Zapier / Bubble is interpreting it.

Screenshot (15)

Any help with this is greatly appreciated, I am also open to other ideas on how get this data automatically uploaded to bubble. I have a pretty good understanding of Bubble and Zapier, but I don’t have any experience with API’s.

Thanks!
-Travis

Hey Travis. I’m assuming you have access to backend workflows on your bubble plan. If this is the case this is how I would approach this problem.

I’m assuming in Zapier. The “Thing” should be

(Store 1: Sales. Customers. )

All as one thing. And the next row etc. this is how you want it displayed in the bubble database correct?

So you need to turn store, Sales and customers to singular data first. Instead of a list in bubbles data base.

Once you do that. You can create an endpoint in bubbles backend workflows. You can iterate over JSON that comes from Zapier

You’re looking for the backend workflow that says “schedule api workflow on a list” and the action you want to do for each item in the list is “create a new thing “ here’s a YouTube video explaining how to do this with using a similar concept.

Use api workflow on a list

The video is a little older version of bubble where backend workflows were called “API workflows” the name has changed but it’s the same.

Hope this helped. Let me know if it did.