ZQ Rich Text Editor - New Plugin From Zeroqode

Thank you @lakeman, our team will work on fixing it.

BR,
Nik.

1 Like

Thanks. If I can be of any help let
Me know.
I really want to use this bought plugin!

1 Like

Hello @lakeman

Thanks for patience. We pushed a fix to plugin. Please upgrade to latest version, place RTE element on page, refresh the app and give it a try.
Fix notes:

• Updated functionalities compatibility from es6 to es5

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

Nope,…

This is the error. I am not doing anything wrong??

Hello @lakeman

Please try uninstalling the plugin, clearing cache/cookies, installing again the plugin.
Make sure it’s latest version, place the ZQ RTE or ZQ Lite RTE element. Reload the app and see how it works.
Please check your console.logs in browser if there are any errors.
Could you post screenshots of the errors.
Thanks for understanding.
Alternatively could you add plugins@zeroqode.com as collaborator, for a faster debugging if it’s possible.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

all done, but still…

You are now a collaborator. (please go to page ‘projecten’ and then goto ‘Group opdracht details’.
That’s where I use it.

Hello @lakeman

Thank you. We received the invitation, we’re looking inside the app and we’ll be back to you with an update on the matter asap.

1 Like

Works now!
thanks for the support!

1 Like

Hello @lakeman

Sorry for latey here, we’ve updated the plugin with fixes for the issues encountered in the app.
But it seems that you’ve already noticed. :slight_smile:
Thanks for patience and understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t get it to work the way I want.
What I want to do:

• Create a rich text
  • save it to de database

When I reopen the page, the saved rich text should appear and I can edit it again and save it to the database.

what happens:
If i save RTE’s editor HTML it shows up as core HTML in my editor.
It should just be seen as rich text instead of html.

What is wrong? (with me? :wink: )

Hello @lakeman,

The action “Get HTML” will always respond with an HTML code so it is not the best solution for your case.

The easiest way to achieve what you want is to use the default Bubble action “Make changes to a thing” and save the edited data. At the same time in the field “content” from the plugin, you should insert a dynamic source corresponding to the thing you are changing from the workflow. This will allow you to save the text and then reopen it for further changes.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

@levon I’m having a really strange error with the RTE Main editor.

We have a chat feature and it runs in two locations (let’s call them page 1 and page 2). I have copied the exact same elements with the same settings in two different pages. One creates HTML as planned and appears in the chat. The other one doesn’t create the HTML.

• The page where the RTE Main Editor is working is really simple – it’s only chat so not as many workflows that might interfere. (Page 1)

• The page where it’s not working is much more complex and the chat feature is only one component. (Page 2)

With this in mind, I converted the element that is working on page 1 to a “reusable element” and put it into page 2. It had the same problem as the original RTE editor on page 2.

As I was playing around, I also noticed that I can reset the RTE editor on Page 1 as part of my workflow. But when I use the same action on Page 2, I get the error below…

"The plugin ZQ Rich Text Editor / action Reset editor a RTE - Main version threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘setContents’ of undefined at eval (PLUGIN_ZQ-Rich-Text-Editor-element_action–RTE—Main-version-Reset-editor-.js:3:34) at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_js/(…lots of other numbers that it wouldn’t let me copy) (please report to plugin author)

I’ve triple checked everything that usually works (including deleting and rebuilding multiple times).

Hello @maryfox20

Thanks for reaching, please be sure you’re using the latest version of the plugin. The plugin has two visual elements which should be used.
ZQ RTE and ZQ RTE lite
Follow our documentation - https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/zq-rte-plugin-2.0#introduction

1 Like

The new version has many challenges. Is this still a work in progress @ZeroqodeSupport? For example, it doesn’t expand groups correctly and instead flows over the boundaries (under other groups).

Hello @maryfox20

Thanks for reporting, could you please post more details regarding your design setup, workflow action, plugin settings etc, which browser you’ve tested on, OS ?
So we could help you better.
Thanks.
:pray:

Browser: Initially Chrome, but it’s doing it in other browsers, so that doesn’t seem to be the problem.

In that image I shared before, it’s really a basic setup. The plugin settings for the ZQ Rte-main were standard (whatever you have as default). It pulls HTML text from the database for the “initial content”.

The workflow --> The Article Database has many fields, but the only one touching the RTE is the HTML field (printed as text). With the old version, we could copy an article and paste it in the RTE — it would default to our Roboto / 18pt font and almost always looked beautiful.

With the newest plugin, it prints as a tiny font (and it doesn’t appear that I have control over the font), breaks the bullet structure, doesn’t see paragraph breaks, etc.

Design of page: It’s a series of groups nested within each other (pretty standard). I put the ZQ-rte in its own group to see if that would solve the overflow problem. It did not.

Then at the bottom of our page, we have a horizontal repeating group, as well as a CTA. The RTE bleeds through both.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any examples anymore because I had to go back to the deprecated version.

Here’s an example of what it’s supposed to look like: https://getmarlow.com/article/define-your-personal-brand-in-3-simple-steps-1578863103847x925989754230800400

I’m happy to share more on a video call / screen share. Let me know.

Hello @maryfox20

Thanks for patience, we’ve checked the setup and by far we replicated in our Demo Test - https://zeroqode-demo-06.bubbleapps.io/version-test/test_rte?debug_mode=true
which can be seen above, no issue regarding the display of the page.
Editor: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=test_rte&id=zeroqode-demo-06&test_plugin=1525778499312x869621105111859200_current&tab=tabs-1
As seen, the RTE Lite element pulls the initial content from html text.

Please try this out. Thanks :pray:

1 Like

Hello, @shashaankaachaarya

Your request is under investigation. We’ll get back to you asap when there is any update on your matter.
Thank you for understanding :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Thank you! I am able to save it in the database now.
However, I am still trying to figure out how to render the content when the user revisits the page. Highly appreciate any help in this regard.

@shashaankaachaarya,

To render the content when the user revisits/refreshes the page, you may need to do the following:

• you need to configure a call to the table where you save your input like it is shown on the screenshot

And the result will be like this.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like