Verify your email address on Bubble

Hey everyone,

TLDR: We’ll be asking all users to verify their email soon. This will be required to add new apps, templates, and plugins.

In light of the recent increase in some problematic Bubble usage, we will be adding email verification as a simple anti-abuse measure.

For existing users: visit your Bubble dashboard and follow the steps in the banner to send yourself a new email link. Email verification will become a requirement to create new apps, plugins, and templates in Bubble. Until you verify your email, you will be unable to access and create apps through your home page. There is no due date per se, but we will start sending out reminders via email.

For new users: this requirement will be added as a new step in our signup process. New users will also be unable to access and create apps until they have verified their email.

This is a standard requirement for many products, and we view it as increasingly important as we grow in order to protect all users from any negative ramifications that might occur due to bad actors on the platform. Email verification should be a low friction requirement, but if this requirement will meaningfully interrupt your workflow, you can always reach out to us.

We really appreciate your cooperation!

Ethan

13 Likes

Ugh. How am I going to make my scam CAD systems now?

Kidding–seems like a nice approach!

5 Likes

I was kind of surprised to know this wasn’t a requirement sooner lol.

3 Likes

Good idea! I love that Bubble took our community feedback :))

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see a banner on that link so no button to verify email…

Yeah, me either. I wonder if its automatically verified for existing users?

But it does say…

Thanks for the update. Curious… was there a recent security incident or vulnerability that precipitated this change?

1 Like

@NoCodeNinja,

Please see this thread by @nick.carroll

1 Like

I apologize for the confusion! We’ll be rolling this out in the next few days. You shouldn’t see anything just yet.

6 Likes

Will you send another post when it’s ready?

You’ll get an email reminder!

1 Like

Sounds good. It would be the first, lol. The only emails I get from Bubble are about invoices for some reason. I never get updates unless I subscribe to threads/categories on the forum.

1 Like

No banner.

1 Like

Hello.

I’ve requested the link several times and its not appearing in my inbox or junk folder.

I’m just going to throw this out there that I have an Outlook email. Not sure what email client Bubble uses, but I’ve noticed that the native email client does not like sending to Microsoft email such as hotmail or Outlook. I wonder if that is my issue.

Banner not visible in my dashboard. how to get my email verified?

1 Like

Completed my verification. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @ethanreeder,

I can’t seem to find the banner for verification. May I suggest an email be sent with a link to verify? I know a reminder/action needed email was sent, but perhaps maybe also sending an email with the actual unique link to verify as well?

2 Likes

What “steps” in the banner. Not seeing anything resembling this. And didn’t we already verify our email address when we signed up? The explanation above does not appear to actually explain anything. I came here from an email message that was as unhelpful

I have 2 accounts. The account with personal Gmail has banner while the other with custom Google domain doesn’t have banner.

1 Like

No banner in my account. My Bubble account was created using my Google account.

2 Likes