I need this plugin, that why it exists.
I figured if I needed it, so do others. So it’s free. Mostly because it’s literally 7 lines of code.
This plugin does only one thing. If you have a list of Things and you want to know where in that list of Things a specific Thing is (you know, like, is this Thing the 4th Thing in that list of Things or the 82nd Thing in that list of Things)
Yeah, now you can know.
The plugin comes with:
- One Element: Find Index
- One State: Find Index’s Index #
- One Action: Find Index A Find Index
- One Event: A Find Index is found
You know the drill, find a spot to put the element on your page. Probably with all the other plugin elements.
In your workflow, add the Find Index A Find Index (I’ll rename that monstrosity later) action.
- Data Type is well, the type of Thing.
- The Data Source is your list of Things.
- The Data Item is the specific Thing you want to know where it is in the… you get it.
When that action is run, your index number will show up in the Find Index element’s Index #.
Or you can set a workflow to trigger with the A Find Index is found event.
That’s it! And yes, the index # returned is a true Bubble index.