1T - CSV Creator 3.0

Hey @eli ,

Any luck with incorporating this into the main plugin? :slight_smile: Would be lovely, given how great this plugin is overall!

Cheers,
Jaro

Hey Jaro,

Have not added this yet but should be added in the next week or so.

Cheers!

2 Likes

This plugin looks great! One thing I haven’t found yet (may be related to the requests to run this server-side), is whether there’s an easy way to schedule this to run every day or week at midnight, for example?

Hey Jacob, there is now a server-side action available but I have not created any documentation for it yet. But that should enable any type of backend scheduling you’d like to do.

1 Like

Hi @eli ,

Class, thanks! Is there anything that will need to be done to enable this in an app or will simply have to update to the last plugin version?

Thanks again,
Jaro

That’s great news Eli. Excited to play with it.

Hi everyone, I deployed my app with this plugin working, but after a month it suddently stopped working. When I trigger action “Create a Dynamic CSV” via a button and simply nothing happens (it doesn’t even show any error message).

Also, I noticed there is a note about adding the :join with line_break clause at the end of the search. I didn’t do that before and it was working, however I figured this might be the problem. But bubble doesn’t accept my input with this clause included. Can sb tell me what I’m doing wrong? Here is my configuration:

Hi @p.filipec. I saw development of the Dynamic CSV option had stopped, so I chose to take the JSON route. It’s really easy to work with once you watch the video. Give it go and it will either work for you, or perhaps throw an error you can track down in the data.

2 Likes

@eli
Hello, thank you for your great plugin.

When I try to download the CSV data which includes related data type,
In the development version works well, but in the live version of the app shows the “OBJECT” as the related type’s field.

The setting of the action is like the pic below
スクリーンショット 2021-04-18 20.12.59

I tried the new backend workflow in the hope it might solve the issue of retrieving large data sets.
“Workflow error - Operation timed out – app too busy”
Still no luck… Nifty feature though. :slight_smile:

Hi @eli

Nice plugin man! Will it be possible at some point to export to a .xlsx or .xls format?

Hey there - followed the example from the video and keep running into an error -

(unexpected token W in JSON).

Feel like I’m banging my head against a wall, but any idea how to fix? 2nd screenshot shows how I’ve constructed the search -

Hey all, my apologies. I’ve been busy and not coming to the forum for a bit. Will try to respond to everything here as I can.

1 Like

Do you have double quotes anywhere in the data you are exporting? If so that would break the Json structure.

Try doing a find and replace and replace any with \” to see if that solves the issue

Thanks @ryanck! I don’t think so. You should be able to open the csv in Excel though.

This is still from the initial version of the plugin but is a note that will no longer work.

Is this still happening? No changes have been made recently so I would point this issue to Bubble.

Yep, the client side workflow will likely be the best choice for any direct downloads for your user.

There are ways you could send the process to the backend and simply alert your user when it’s done though.

Eli do you mean there is a way to do something similar to the way Bubble DB extract mails work? If this entails a different way of generating the csv file please elaborate. Notification part I can do.

No, it works now. Weird…

I have one further question: Can I somehow adjust character encoding? I need to export chars with diacritics…

Hi @eli
After creating the workflow to download a CSV file from a repeating group, the table’s data is not reflected in the CSV file. The opportunity ID(text) column is empty in the report, but the data is stored in the database. The other fields from the same data type(text) are reflected in the download. The data is also stored in the backend, logic is also correct, but still not reflecting in CSV report.