I have two issues not entirely connected to my previous question about the API workflow.
- I create a thing that has a number field on it. I populate it by searching for those things’ field’s last item and then just adding +1. This doesn’t work and I don’t know why. I create plenty of things in the same workflow and refer to them to make changes in the same workflow, it works just fine.
- I create 1 Inventory that has a list of inventory items (those are the things mentioned above). After creating all the inventory items I make a final change to the first thing (the Inventory) by adding all items as a list to the inventory just created. This works in my app and I tried to recreate in the forum app, but there it doesn’t work. The fact that it works in my app proves that it can refer to things that were created in the same workflow so that’s why I’m so confused about the fact that I cannot refer to the previous inventory item’s number to use in the sequence.
The weird thing in all of this is that the debugger comes up with all sorts of numbers, that I then do not see back in the database.
The first Item that gets created has number 1, then the second gets number 3 according to the debugger
but in the database it says:
I set the first one here to static 1, then refer to that number and do ‘:plus 1’
Also, the ID of the inventory is not correct. In the debugger it says 20, but in the database it is 19:
But you can see that the items have stored correctly. Something I cannot reproduce in the forum app.
I added this to the same page on the forum app as ‘number sequence issue’:
Thanks for helping out as always