Add age condition

I want to add a condition to this input field that a user needs to be 18 and older. How do I do this?

Hi there, @thealbertodelrey… are you saying there is an input in that screenshot where the user has to enter a number that is greater than or equal to 18? If so, what do they do after they enter the number? Click a button or something? If that is the case, disable the button by default (i.e., check the box to make it not clickable), and add a condition to it that says when the input’s value is greater than or equal to 18, the button is enabled (i.e., make it clickable).

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

Yes sorry I’ve only shown half of the screenshot but you’ve answered it exactly. Thank you! I will test it out and get back to you

1 Like

@mikeloc There is no option to choose greater than or equal to… or am I just thinking like a designer?

What is the content format of the input? I’m guessing it’s Text, but it needs to be Integer.

Ohhhhhhhhhh! You’re right! I had it set to text(numbers only)

I’m still stuck haha

What are you stuck on? You can literally type 18 in the Minimum value field, but you don’t necessarily need to set a minimum value because the condition on the button will keep the button disabled (i.e., not clickable) until the user enters a number that is greater than or equal to 18.

I’ve set the min and max but the condition on the button I’m stuck with what to do as you explained it

Select 's value in the dropdown, and then complete the expression. Here is what the condition will look like, and make sure you have checked the This element isn’t clickable box on the Appearance tab.

By the way, just some friendly advice, but what you are trying to do is super basic. So, if you are struggling with this task, I strongly suggest you take a step back and work through the tutorials and watch some videos. Bubble’s learning curve is steep, and if you don’t have a good understanding of the basics, you are really going to struggle to get up that curve.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.