Add 'attendee's' to existing event in database

Thanks for your help, I better go to bed (it’s 2am here). I am not sure why I am not getting this. I’ve spent a couple days on it off and on but no joy. I would consider paying someone to do it as it’s just costing me way more in time. Once done, I could then see how/why it is done in a certain way - I learn best from emulating.

1 Like

Yes it is (you’re already using it, but for some reason your trying to do a search to match an image to a user’s image, instead of just setting it as the data source directly for the RG).

There’s no need to do a search when the data is already loaded on the page, and besides searching for user’s by matching their images to the current cell’s user’s images is a strange and longwinded way to go about it, and completely unnecessary - just refer directly to the current cell’s Users.

I can make the data source current cell’s user and then it offers more options which end up failing.

No you can’t! The Content type of the parent RG is ‘Event’ - so you can’t refer to the current cell’s ‘User’ (the current cell doesn’t have a User, it has an Event).

You must be getting the two RG’s mixed up here. The second one has a content type of User (that’s not what we’re talking about here). The first one has a content type of Event, which is what you need to refer to in your second RG.

The content type of the second RG is User, so the datasource needs to be the current cell (of the first RG)'s Event’s Attendees (I.e. a list of Users).

So the set up for you second RG should look like this:

@ [adamhholmes] Firstly, thank you for your continued patience with me, I know it’s frustrating sometimes but I really appreciate it!

I copied your image and it worked. What a relief!

I’ve read through this thread and your last comments carefully and have a feeling I still am not fully grasping it, but here’s my understanding so far (posted in part for myself to check my understanding).

The first RG is the parent and has type of content “Event”, so everything inside that can simply refer to this, I don’t need to “do a search for” anything relating to an Event because we are already inside the parent Event RG.

The second RG, which needs to pull in User data (images) is now referred to by Bubble as a “cell”, not a RG (this was cause for a lot of confusion for me).

So, I set the second RG/Cell ‘type of content’ to “User”, because we are looking for users’ images. The data we hunt for is “current cells event’s Attendees”, meaning; the cell we are in, we want the attendees joined to the Event (the parent RG data).

The actual image box is also now also referred to by Bubble as a “cell”, so we pull the image in by saying "current cell’s (ie’ the cell we are in) and add “user’s image”.

Working backwards, we have a user image, inside a cell (image box). That cell image box is inside a child RG/cell which knows we want User data, and it knows we want Event’s attendees. Finally, this child RG/cell is in a parent RG which knows to look for Events.

I feel I am 10% clearer on the subject!

1 Like