Add JSON body in GET request

Hello community.

Does anyone know how to add json body to a GET request in bubble’s API connector?

Please help?

In API connector API call, you can find 2 options 1st is form data and another is json. Choose json and you will able to send json.

Thanks @tanejachirag19 , but what you are referring to is available to a POST method. I am asking about a GET method.

I guess that’s not an option in bubble. You can probably mail bubble support and they may give you an alternative

Do you know of any alternative plugins to Api Connector?

@paulmkhonta You can create your own plugin on bubble where you can setup your API calls. But in case you want to use REST API, the plugin creator also does not support JSON body in GET call.

Although, you can send JSON in parameter value as well, I guess that might also work

1 Like

Looking for a solution to this as well. I am able to do it via Postman, but not the bubble connector :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi @pete3 I couldn’t find a solution, so I had to change to POST from source.

@eve This seems like a small doable feature that bubble should support

I have an API endpoint that expects a GET request with a JSON body and I can’t do it :confused:

Any workarounds?

Same problem here, I need GET

@yorgio1024 & @ZubairLK Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a workaround for this. If you do happen to find one, please share with us.

We would truly appreciate it here.

There is two ways.

1. Pass parameter in the url itself
  2. Pass parameter directly as form-url encoded .

I’m going to confess, @paulmkhonta, that I’m not entirely sure you’re asking about the same thing, but (if I’m not mistaken), lodge your complaint here: We Really Need a GET Method for Workflow APIs

1 Like

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet? Bubble seems to only allow JSON in body for POST Request.

My initial answer (and not noob friendly) is make a POST to a Google Cloud Function, then that does the GET w/ body, then it takes the response and relays that back to Bubble as the response :man_facepalming:

Can you give an example for this, pls @ankur1

I need a solution to this too