API Connector 401 Error

Hi all,

I am having an issue trying to connect to Timekit using the API connector. I keep getting the error:

There was an issue setting up your call.

*Raw response for the API *
Status code 401
Invalid credentials.

I can trigger the call via Zapier with the same credentials so I’m at a loss what is the issue here. Here is how I currently have it set up (with the password the correct key from my Timekit account)

Here is the documentation I am using: Introduction

Any help is appreciated. I’m baffled how to fix this.

Cheers

What happens when you use Username: Authentication

No luck. It says to leave it blank, and doing so with Zapier works. I’m just baffled if there is something under the hood that could be stopping this, or if I’m doing something categorically incorrect?

Hey @mattya29,

Was just messing around with it. This worked for me:

And what led me to this setup was this part of their documentation :wink:

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.30.16 PM

Just make sure to put that colon in front of the api key before you encode it. Hope this helps!

Amazing! Thank you so much.

For my own knowledge – why do you put Basic in front of the encoded api key? Is that to flag it as a HTTP authorization call?

Cheers

I had the same issue today and got it working by putting a single space as user name.

The only reason I found for this is just the “Authentication”. Try with changing it to ‘none/self-handled’

I have the same problem too, i don’t know what to do, this is for connecting an api with open Ai