API Workflows generating inconsistent results

Dear fellow Bubblers,

we are building an app for tournament management of gaming events. Over the course of building I found an issue, I perceive as harsh: API worflows in loops are delivering inconsistent results.

What do I mean by that?
E.g. we have a round-robin algorithm scheduling our round-robin (obviously). To generate matches, chats etc., this is in total almost 10 different API Workflows with each having 6-10 substeps. However, even though this sound as much, it is not and DB entries generated are countable (depending on the size of the round-robin, however anyways less than a hundred).

However, it gets tricky. After debugging it for quite some time, I realized that these workflows are giving random results in different entities - even though this is the exact same workflow (!), just looped through.

I know indeed that is advised to outsource big data manipulation out of bubble and passing it back to the app, however I do not think that this is “big data manipulation”, as we are less than a hundred. Adding pauses (e.g. 5 seconds) between different workflows made it better, but it is still not consistent. Thus, is this a known issue?

To clarify: After many hours of debugging, this is no fault of my logic - this works flawlessly and it was tested with different samples. I can cross out faulty logic.

Best
Dat

1 Like

The first thing is to make sure you understand everything under Execution Rules on this page of the Bubble manual.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.