App Feedback From Others To Make It Amazing

Hello!

I’m looking to get some app Feedback before I develop my app any further.

This is my app so far:

Does anyone have advice on how to go about getting feedback on the app what ppl would want to see, likes, dislikes, etc.

I’m basically at the stage where I’m trying to identify and clarify my Unique Selling Points to differentiate myself from other similar apps (upwork, indeed, taskrabbit, handy, thumbtack, etc.)

Is it simple as getting feedback virtually or in-person from like 20 people or so, ask them to tell me their likes, dislikes, wants, etc. - and then look for good ideas to integrate/develop and/or commonalities to what ppl are saying.

I dunno if anyone has any insight into this, but curious to know, thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Congrats on the app’s progress!

I run a feedback software (built on Bubble) and we deal with this kind of question a lot.

Generally with feedback, we advise the best strategy for getting feedback you can actually act on is firstly defining your ideal customer profile and only getting feedback from them. If you accept general feedback from everyone you come across you’ll end up with a heap of conflicting ideas and build a product that’s useful to no one. So that is step 1.

Step 2 of a good feedback loop is following up on feedback, either when you implement a change by letting them know, or by following up for continued feedback as you iterate and improve things. People’s feedback can change over time as they reach new realisations with your product or their problem so it’s important to keep tabs on that.

The key is only asking (or at least only listening to) people who you want to serve, and that comes down to identifying two things:

• The ideal customer in terms of their business problem you can solve.
  • The ideal customer in terms of their budget and ability to pay for your service. Listening to the wrong people’s feedback will mean you are building towards their needs which likely, if they have no interest of paying, will be wanting every feature under the sun and wanting it all for free.

Hope that helps?

Reece

2 Likes

Hey @oiplive :wave:

You can have people review your project for really cheap by using Amazon Mechanical Turks.

That way you might be able to get peoples feedback.

I used to do these to try to make a buck on the side when I was younger.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
1 Like

Good Idea Jason! Thanks!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Reece that helps alot thank you!

What is your feedback software? Is it good for me to use or not since you didn’t mention link or anything?

Good stuff my take-a-ways are:

1. Main target actual users
  2. Follow up - make sure users got what they actually wanted
1 Like

No problem!

It’s called ProductFlare: www.productflare.com

Yeah it’s definitely good - it’s built for SaaS and software companies specifically - feel free to start a free trial for 7 days :slight_smile:

With your takeaways, the actual users won’t be ‘everyone’ who signs up, likely only a small section of the market. You should focus on serving a small section of the market and solving their problems, and not trying to solve everyones problems.

1 Like

From what I’ve read on this kind of stuff… if you are entering an established market with existing entrenched competitors, then your product has to be multiples better and also marketed multiples better. That’s a tall order, especially if you are up against VC-funded competitors.

Other option is to go very niche – local focus or product focus. (Like this website… Show Bubble: Miniature (Warhammer etc) painting website)

One other comment is your domain name. I think it’s too complex and hard to remember – I try to imagine someone telling someone else the app’s name, and how easy or hard would it be for them to remember it and/or find your company by googling it.

1 Like

Echoing what others have said:

1. laser focus on a niche. You need to probably be helping people with a very specific problem, probably in a very specific geography. Many such businesses got started because they started by catering to tech-nerds in Silicon Valley…

2. change the name - better I think i to be assist.io or some other TLD that is available, or assistHQ or something

1 Like

And on the name itself, if you haven’t already done so, make sure it’s not going to overlap with other company names or potentially violate a trademark in a way that will cause a headache down the road or force you to change names post-launch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.