Are Sub Apps good for my situation?

In my case I have an app with over 50 sub-apps and even though there is management time on the front-end to create the sub-app and launch it under a custom domain, the business model supports this cost of time and human effort. I intend to grow to thousands of sub-apps in the future and believe Bubble will have better management tools in place as I continue to reach some scale (already received rough quotes for sponsored Bubble functionality in this area).

If you’re trying to onboard more than 20 new clients per week, you will find it difficult using sub-apps without the help from additional people. There is just no quick way about it.

In my experience most corps/orgs do not know what they need. Most use shared databases all the time and don’t even acknowledge or realize it. It also depends on your industry’s regulations. There are many arguments against the “have to have their own DB” side of things as this assumes a separate DB is more secure than one massive shared DB “just because”. Your data privacy role settings, the API-related workflows in Bubble and the trust of your users are the real weak spots for security threats.

Some of my previous comments on this:

3 Likes