Ask me to build a free plugin for you

Great stuff on security through BE searching @GH5T !

Privacy rules can help when you want to speed things up if you have thousands of entries of an object. Just deliver to the FE what’s needed by the user.p using them. :sweat_smile:

API can be set up to do the “pay” action.

I see a HTML CKEditor plugin and I think you can try it.

Nah, that is CK4… Totally different framework, functions, look, etc…

Can you build something to be used as a search for users and other data types?

Example with keywords, merged with 2 dropdown menus?

Not very sure on the usage. Is it similar to lookup some values from Database? Or can you give some more details on it?

Having trouble with this search system, one great example is Algolia, and here is my very example: Home | Conesult

(There are two dropdown menus, and where is the blue button “Continue” is search with keywords when user is logged in.)

Very simple, data base and search requirements. What you suggest to use, so that we can combine all the three searching features (keyword, concept type and activity)?

Algolia is not option at this early stage, maybe latter, and then with Bubble default search input one can search only one field, which is ok, then we need to mix with dropdowns which brings little complexity and glitching, and then to integrate “Search and Autocorrect” plug that has multiple-field search option, and again plus dropdown complexity and slowness.

By Complexity I mean, conditions are fine to sett up, but the complexity is added into the loading process, and even now and then glitching, not to mention if user has let’s say less then (average) internet speed of 30Mbps, and lower then average hardware performance of i5, 8gb…

1 Like

Shoot me a PM, I can turn you towards the right direction.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

Just have a try on the searching tool

When searching by Keyword, the concept type and order are disabled. And when using the concept type and order to filter the options, when some words are typed in Keyword field, it automatically showing the default items order. I think you want to link the keyword to the concept type and order (like when we filter the item by concept type and order, we can further filter the items by keyword)?

1 Like

Yes, exactly, that would be great to link all the three, keyword, type and order, but not to work glitchy then, then UX is bad, we have around 100 concepts.

Would be maybe better for us to add “Search” button for the Search by Keyword, as to trigger a workflow to Display data in RG, and then to add buttons to filter further (where we can display all 6 “Concept types”). [Linkedin example)

example363263

Thoughts?

“Search” button can be added if user prefers it (Like in my Specific Word Count plugin, there isn’t any button to use for showing the result, just doing the search when user keeps typing something, but a button can be added). So, it depends on how user feel about the button action, and both button and no button could do it (different UX), and then do further filtering by other actions.

Thanks @samsonlcl!

If we could think of really a great UX, it would be even without buttons, nor the search input, rather to search for us automatically in a sense, something between Alexa or Siri, and pure AI algoritms. JOKING HERE :smiley:

Here is not due to UX, is rather the performance. We are on Personal plan.

Could you share what type of Search system, plugin, etc., do you use for greater performance, and search flexibility?

I see there are several search engine plugins, but I haven’t used them. Everyone has some reasons to use particular search engine. I think having a fast response and high search flexibility is definitely a good one. If you cannot find one, maybe you can create your own one.

1 Like

Found some library that would be useful for the CKEditor 5 plugin. Will move on to try a small portions of it.

2 Likes

Hi,

What about a plugin that is able to get the current website url, and then save it the DB ?
Would be very useful in my mind!

Best :slight_smile:
E.

Creates a Ranking plugin where it shows the numbers ordering each ranking position.

Can you give me some examples? Like is it about retrieving data from database to rank it, or user may input in some fields and the plugin do the ranking job for the input?

I have just created this plugin, and you need to assign the workflow (save url to DB) maunally which is quite easy. But temporarily there is a minor problem (I think is in the workflow) that I need to click a button 2 times for the first time to save url, then I just need to click the same button one time to save url.

Basic setup

Workflow

What’s the difference between this plugin, and the built in ‘This Url’ dynamic content in Bubble?

1 Like