Automated letter on bubble

I have a repeatitive letter i send from time to time, and i change at least four wordings in it each time i want to automate this process by creating an app on bubble but i do not know how to begin, although i have created a text element and i have inputed a sample.

Can someone advise how i do this? so each time i just input the new words i want to change in an input element and all the other wordings of the letter remains.

Hey @hopkinsnoni

I’m guessing you could:

1. store your initial email in the database somewhere
  2. add two inputs on a page:
  • in the first input, type in / copy the text you want to update
  • in the second input, type in the new text
  1. in a workflow, search for the initial email, and use :find&replace to replace the value in the first input by the value in the second input. Then send the email.

Hope that helps!
Ambroise

1 Like

HI @ambroisedlg thank you for your response but it is not an email it is something i will need to print and sign with my company letter heading

kindly be informed that its an MS Word document.

1. Create a Custom State called “cs_dynamic_text”
  2. In your template copy instead of the word Insert Dynamic Data → cs_dynamic_text
  3. Every time you type the word that’s going to appear in the template

PS whether this works on not vastly depends on how you have print logic & template flow set up.

Twitter: @bestbubbledev
Youtube: Best bubble developer
LinkedIn: Gio Kakhiani

1 Like

For Instance that is the letter attached and evry three days i need to change just the hilighted text or numbers, now i need an app that enable me change about four items each time i need to submit the letter, So i need a bubble app that allows me to input these four changes in a text element and then it creates a replica of the letter changing the four items.

In that case you’ll need multiple custom states. Does this answer your question?

1 Like

kinda but i dont really understand the custom state illustration, thanks, but if you can screen shot step by step what you mean i will appreciate.

Here’s a video about how custom states work.

Imagine your page name is Template
And you set a custom state on a page level and call it cs_dynamic_text.
Your email body will look something like this:

Except as otherwise specifically provided for under the terms of this Agreement, if either party fails to perform any of the covenants or obligations imposed on it by this agreement | (the Defaulting Party) the Templates’cs-dynamic_text the party to whom…

Watch the video above and all this will make sense.

PS you can use database instead of custom states…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.