AWS File Uploader Image Rotates on Upload

Hi all,

when I upload and display an Image (.heic format) via the AWS fileuploader, the image gets automatically rotated by 90 degrees. As Users are able to upload profile images in my application, this is quite unfortunate to say the least… :frowning:

Does anyone know how I can solve this issue? (Potentially in an elegant way?)

I’m grateful for any advice! :slight_smile: Many thanks!

Cheers,
Philipp

1 Like

Rotate your profile picture element 90 deg the other way?! :smiley:

Hi nfisher, It’s not quite that easy unfortunately haha

The rotation only occurs on images of the format .heic as far as my testing goes. PNGs and JPEGs are uploaded normally.

EDIT: And only if the .heic image was taken vertically…

1 Like

worth a shot! Perhaps it is a bug with the HEIC conversion. perhaps report to the developer? What image uploader are you using, you could try an alternative one on the plugin store?

1 Like

I read that it has something to do with the metadata of the image. Currently reaching out to the Plugin devs and see if they have a solution…

It’s the AWS File Uploader Plugin and unfortunately I can’t switch to another option now as I expect many images on my application and this is the best way to go for my case. But many thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

@nfisher do you have any idea how I could let a user manually rotate an image? I thought about a button and plugin BUT the user obviously should only rotate his image and not the entire element for every user profile on the app & the rotation should be permanent. (Otherwise the upright pictures of others will be sideways etc etc…) Grateful for any hints! :slight_smile:

You could use an image editing plugin like imgix? you could also (bit of a hack) store the rotation of a users image element, but a bit clunky!

Hello, @philipp.laengle107

Seems like the same request was created on our ZQ Forum:

In addition to all mentioned in that thread, note that the rotation of the image depends on each separate device.
Our plugin prevents rotation, however, in case your device counts the incorrect rotation as a correct one, our plugin will receive this image as the correct one.

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I posted there too as I wasn’t aware that you guys would be active here! :slight_smile: Many thanks for your reply!

Hello, @philipp.laengle107

We always strive to provide the best support to all our users, so you can be sure that our team will reply you :slightly_smiling_face:
In case we can help you with any additional information - let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team