Best way to present user with editable table

The idea is, a user would fill out a form, based on their answer we would present them with a editable template table (i was considering using airtable to build the template but if you have any other recommendation —or if there is a template like this in the template library, that works too).

Thanks so much!

@shane2

Two ways:

• Build the table yourself in Bubble
  • Use one of the several plugins for tables

Likely though, in both instances, you would have to build complementary functionality.

Seems that your use case might call for AT and avoid having to build logic with Bubble. If you want to quickly provide an app-type UI you can consider using AT with pory or stacker.app

Wow thank you! Yeah I have been playing around with Airtable trying to get it to produce the functionality im looking for. I would still need to build a user login and user dashboard etc, is that doable with something like stacker or pory?

Sorry to sound naive but what

User functionality yes. The dashboard depends on what you mean … if tables will do then yes.

On the other hand if you want complete control over everything within one platform and are willing to invest the time in learning and building … then Bubble cannnot be beaten :grinning:

Great point. It looks like where Airtable fails me is that you cannot create an automation to generate a new table automatically. My ideal workflow is:

1. User submits info via typeform
  2. Info gets logged in Airtable Database (table 1) calculations are performed
  3. A new airtable is generated (table 2) containing some info from table 1
  4. Table 2 is delivered to customer with ability to edit as needed

Part 3 seems to be where AT breaks down

Airtable just published a new logic builder tool. I have not looked at it. It would seem that creating records after a trigger would be one of the basic actions even for a young tool.

Another superb tool that flies under the radar is Podio from Citrix. I would suggest that it is more powerful than AT for business teams. Its logic engine is superb! You can easily do all points there.

Well, the problem is im not looking to create a new record, im looking to create a new table with a bunch of default records.

I mocked up the flow here https://app.moqups.com/CBw92KEEtw/view/page/ad64222d5

It’s steps 4 and 5 im stuck on

Seems simple enough to build quickly in Bubble :+1:

I realize im asking you a lot of questions so feel free to not respond (though I do appreciate the insight)!

Im looking through some of these “table” plugins and it’s hard to tell if any of them allow for user editing. Like adding/removing records, editing existing cells/fields, etc. Is there a way to trial the plugins or do I need to just reach out to invidiual plugin makers and pose the question?

My template might be a good fit for your needs. Has Tables and dashboard, as well as login and other functionality

Thanks for responding! My goal is to deliver a custom table to each user (based on data they have submitted), and then allow them to edit that table as needed. I watched your video and I couldnt totally tell if that functionality was available.

@shane2

Glad to help. Free plugins can be installed at no cost and paid ones you can choose the prorated monthly option and if you dont like it the cost stops as soon as you cancel. This way you can sample them. More info if you go to the plugins pages:

@boston85719 has great templates :+1:

1 Like

It is available by setting up the table to display the users data…The template is made to allow users to add tasks, customers and staff…the tables display that information and the corresponding popups are used to edit the data within those tables.

To change it around for your purposes would not be difficult, it would just take a solid understanding of how data manipulation and retrieval works in Bubble.

All the data presented in tables in my template are based on the current user, so anything that is connected to them and their related data types will be presented.

Some thoughts, from one Shane to another!
I’ve been using Airtable for only a little longer than I’ve been using Bubble - definitely a newbie,
But - You can do an awful lot in Airtable without creating a new table (which you can’t do other than manually AFAIK)
I’d approach this as follows (and I’m working on a similar problem) -
Create a table in AT that records each answer as a record (so a 5 question form will generate five entries)
Create another table in AT where each user’s answers are linked (using lookup fields)
Do your calculations in this table, creating new fields for the calcuation outputs.
Questions are answered in your Bubble app, saved to AT, calculated outputs are presented in AT and selected/edited by the user in a repeat of the first process.

PS… the only reason to use AT at all in this workflow is because doing calculations is probably a little easier if you’re not super technical.

1 Like

[quote=“boston85719, post:13, topic:120787, full:true”]
It is available by setting up the table to display the users data…The template is made to allow users to add tasks, customers and staff…the tables display that information and the corresponding popups are used to edit the data within those tables.

To change it around for your purposes would not be difficult, it would just take a solid understanding of how data manipulation and retrieval works in Bubble.

All the data presented in tables in my template are based on the current user, so anything that is connected to them and their related data types will be presented.
[/quote]It is accessible by setting up the table to show the clients information… The format is made to permit clients to add errands, clients and staff… the tables show that data and the comparing popups are utilized to alter the information inside those tables.

To transform it around for your motivations would not be troublesome, it would simply take a strong comprehension of how information control and recovery functions in Air pocket.

All the information introduced in tables in my format depend on the current client, so anything that is associated with them and their connected information types will be introduced.

What is this?

Kodi nox