Building a single bubble app with a team, Impossible? Solutions/Hacks/Ideas/Experience?

I was assuming branching was the solution for this.

You branch the code(“Different app versions by collaborator” as per Neerja’s reply) and then merge your changes back into master.

Same for the rest of developers. That is what I understood as GIT-like feature.

May be that… who knows what will actually get rolled to us. Maybe one thing solves more than one issue.

2 Likes

Neerja - This is keeping us from increasing number of licenses and how quickly we can get to production and move to a dedicated instance, so I am confident that this feature would improve the revenue for the company and increase the number of teams and developers that would use this. I am of the belief that no-coders are a great market but bringing no-coding to developers to move more quickly and focus on the differentiating code in plug ins and more sophisticated solutions will be difference in going towards enterprise and having major SAAS solutions using bubble. IMHO.

2 Likes

Have you thought about creating a admin dashboard inside of the app that could make changes to the whole app by sign in to the app instead of bubble. I mean it would probably be very complex I think but could work, maybee

OP is referring to the editor.

1 Like

I’m finding it quite nuts that this is still a forum topic / wishlist type item.

We’re still a small team (2), but it’s sooooo frustrating to try and build at the same time. Doing scheduled testing is a hack, and pushing to live every time you want to test? I mean!

How is this still an issue? :frowning: Honestly beginning to regret building on this platform - would be crazy to go back to / go to traditional coding for something as basic as git versioning / branching

I see the roadmap has been removed - could we possibly get some kind of update from the bubble team as to how a workable solution is developing? If it’s in the pipeline at all or still stuck in backlog limbo? This is a serious function of actual stack viability!

I am starting to nudge into the same issue. Have you got 2 development versions, or just the one? and if you do have 2, are you able to manage / move objects between them?

Only the one. But it’s getting very hard (frustrating) to have two people work on the same app. Testing is a nightmare (and maybe it’s just our style, but especially when i’m trying to solve something ‘hard’ i’m I build doing implement-test-implement-test etc), and if we’re on the same page then there are obvious latency and sometimes duplication issues. I’m really missing git and branching!

1 Like

And my plan was to start looking for a third person (on here!) to join the team and help accelerate the build, but now I’m seriously worrying about the viability of bubble as a platform for a MVP/V0.1.

Yeah, I’ve come to the conclusion that its impossible to have one version with 2 team members. And in my case, I have one person entering data while the other builds, so each time the developer makes a change, the data entry person has to refresh their app. I upgraded to pro plan to address this with a second version. Its expensive, but necessary at this time as one version will definitely not support my needs any longer. Good luck in addressing your situation.

But one more thing… to address your question about Bubble as a platform. For me this is never in question. I am a complete non-coder, so Bubble has opened doors of product development I could never have dreamed of prior.

1 Like

Any news about this?
Just hit this wall and I’m a bit desperate how I didn’t see it coming before!

1 Like

Hello @hetnon.freitas

You can create a request/timer with an automation tool. When you push to live, you start a timer, push to live and determine the number of seconds you need (30, 60, 120 seconds). If someone else tries to push, then share the next available time. “It will be pushed in 35 seconds.” This is not the best way, but it will work fine.

But I don’t want to try in live mode.

Then you have to make a request to Bubble support. Maybe there’s a solution that I’m not aware of.

OK! Thanks

We’ve just come out of a 3-week project with 3 devs in 1 file.
It’s been a challenge.
I’m curious to know what this line on the Release notes page means…any updates?

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 1.26.12 pm

So frustrated with this issue.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is making progress on that matter or if Bubble is trying to tackle it in any way ?

In a few days we are going to add one additionnal member to the dev team and I dont really know how to handle it.

My first though was to upgrade to Pro plan to have an additionnal dev version, one “main” environment and a secondary one . Each dev will build feature on it’s own environment. Once a feature is built in the secondary envrionment it will be “merged” (copy/paste) on the “main” environment. Do you think that could work ?

I think we will also extensively use reusable element to prevent having to fix to many issues when merging features from one environment to another (with the added benefit of increasing editor speed. Since we are building a one page app, that thing can become quite slow when working on very big pages)

Some people suggested pushing live to be able to test without refreshes. Unfortunatly that is not something we can afford since our app is already live and have some active users.

Anyone having some other advices to make the development process as smooth as it can be ?