Building an MVP, but still ambitious - need directions

Hi all

2-3 days into Bubble, have been reading, but not buillt much yet. But having tried almost all other similar products out there, I think i’ve found the tool i’ve been looking for.

However, before i start trying to make my idea come to life, I have a few important structural feature challenges that I don’t know how to adress. If someone has any ideas or knowledge, i would really appreciate any comment, opinion or link to information on below.

I need to build a “builder” - essentially a very basic and simpler, limited and industry targeted version of Bubble, Goodbarber, Appypie or similar tool. The objective is to provide my potential customers with the ability to login and quickly design, build or update 1 or more (simultaneous) small simple mobile web apps (no native, ever) There is no need to visualize the build inside an iphone frame as it progresses - but would be nice though…

Question 1. Using bubble, how would you build a builder? How to seperate the backend builder sections/pages from from the user web app? How?.

Question 2. When a customer has built an app, he/she should be able to SMS/email a link to users (no login absolutely required) . A requirement is that the user, upon opening the link to the web app, must be greeted by a personalized message: name and details. How to adress this? Can I perhaps dynamically create a unique URL containg these details? Or are there other methods.

Best regards

Can the customer sites be on the same domain ? It would be pretty hard otherwise.

So you could build a generic set of pages, with groups for your templates. And conditionally show the templates depending on the creator’s choices.

You would need the “virtual” page idea, so go to a page and read in a value that corresponds to the creator’s page name.

That would be do-able, if a bit messy in a single page.

You could use a the App Connector to build two apps, the client one and the builder.

Link to client app with a page “name”. Read the builder app to get all the details, and show the relevant template. Customised with colours and images from the client.

Yes, I do this quite a lot. You can use the unique id of the thing to be able to read in the URL parameters, do a lookup, and personalise.

Great and fast reply. And very usefull

Can the customer sites be on the same domain ? It would be pretty hard otherwise.
Yes - all sites will be on a single domain.

You would need the “virtual” page idea, so go to a page and read in a value that corresponds to the creator’s page name.
Is there somewhere where I could read up on this. I am considering a single page.
You posted an example here Create Worklfow-like Map With Connector Lines , but not sure i understand it completely

So, you can’t create a new user “page” each time (well, you could, but it would be a pain!).

Instead we can create a URL for each new user’s mini-site that gives them a URL like…

mypagebuilder.com/pages/arthur
mypagebuilder.com/pages/betty
mypagebuilder.com/pages/carlos

There is only 1 bubble page here “pages” (you could probably just use the index as well).

On that page, on page load, you read in the “path” (which is arthur or better or carlos) to find that page’s details and format the page.

If you get a “not found” on the page, you can handle it in a similar way to bubble does, put up a message to say “ooops”.

Sounds very interesting :slight_smile:

Thanks, i get it now. This is precisely what i will try and do.

Appreciate your help very much.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.