Can the Stripe.js plugin for bubble be trusted?

I am building a subscription site that relies on stripe and PayPal integrations.
I was just noticing that the developer of the plugin stripe.js (which looks really good) has changed their website and from their chat window they haven’t been online since last year (sse below).
Screenshot 2020-02-09 12.46.02

The latest version is in beta and there seem to be a lot of issues on the forum.
Has anyone else had experience wirth Stripe.js, what can you tell me? Is it worth using another plugin or doing the API calls directly?

Any advice appreciated.

1 Like

Stipe can be trusted. Top in its class service.

Whatever bubble plugin you are using, maybe not that much…

Doesn’t bubble offer it’s own Stripe integration?!

1 Like

Hundreds of people use Stripe.js, it’s pretty trusted.

With that said, if you’re looking for a purely subscription site, bubble’s stripe plugin can easily handle it too!

2 Likes

You have access to the plugin code, everything is well assembled.

Sorry, I’m not referring to stripe.js, but the Stripe.js plugin written for bubble by a 3rd party.

The code is referring back to their own custom library. So yes, it could be fishy.

2 Likes

If your business relies on it, best it to use either Bubble native plugin, either your own API calls.
I would not built it on top of Stripe.js

1 Like

Just use your own APIs to elevate your concerns.

2 Likes

Thankyou, I’m trying my own API’s now.

Thankyou, I’m trying my own API’s now.

Hi @morgan

Stripe.js is an open library and point only on stripe.com library.

All calls are made via API calls, they are 100% reliable. You can duplicate them and create your own calls too. Using this plugin saves you time and is perfectly safe even if the author is no longer present.

1 Like

Thank you John, I appreciate it. I’m going down the path of writing my own API’s as I have had some issues with the plugin and want to be in control of the calls.

1 Like

After 3 years of Bubbling I’m in the same place with plugins. I might use a plugin to rough out the flow,but if it’s important to the app then I bring the functionality into the app, remove the plugin, so that it remains stable for the long term. This will allow me to fix serious problems immediately.

With Strip, I see so many issues over the last 18 month that I am definitely writing my own APIs for it. I’m currently rebuilding the stripe.js flow that was working 2 months ago but now is no longer functions (pre-launch). Even if it is an open API, I still have questions about versioning of the APP, Bubble, and stripe. It seems simpler to just deal with two, not three parties. And, I have a feeling that I am going to run into an issue 12 months down the road anyway, so might as well do it now when the app is not LIVE WITH CUSTOMERS.

1 Like

Morgan. I realized I needed to “design” the cc flow for my app and came across this strip page that helped me to understand the steps for authenticate, authorize, and capture. As well as SCA vs non-SCA (no authentication).

My App is going to be a little bit like the “utility company” example in that it is reoccurring, but not always the same price.

Best.

2 Likes

Thanks Sam, I agree its just too risky, I’m running a multi-million dollar ecommerce subscription business (that will now have a very customised and perfected user experience) and not doing this as a hobby, I need to ensure its going to work correctly and if there are issues that I can solve them.

1 Like

For two days now I’ve been playing with the Bubble and stripe.Js plugin (stripe.js is not working for V2 SCA, yet). And Bubble plugin seems to work for basic charges, but subscriptions is so far problematic.

Now that I understand the stripe V2 SCA “flow” and what structure constitutes SCA PCI compliance, I am definitely abandoning these plugins. It just got a lot more complicated for me, but I’d be screwed if I relied on these plugins to process $5-6 mil in food orders annually. UGH.

1 Like

Hi @sam.mcafee

Have you also tried the new zeroqode plugin? All free plugins are easy to duplicate, it’s always a good idea to do it when you have time to keep full control.

Hi John, no I haven’t, I’ll take a look thanks!