Cancel Stripe Subscription at end of billing period

Hi,

I am using the Stripe plug-in by Bubble, and I am trying to allow users to say they want to cancel their subscription in the middle of the billing period but allow them to access the subscription through the end.

I’ve read some other forum posts as well as Stripe and Bubble documentation and haven’t found a way to allow customers to cancel at end of billing period using the Bubble plugin. The Cancel Plan action seems to cancel the subscription immediately.

Is it possible to do this with the Bubble plugin? Or can I create it (e.g., API call, webhook?) myself? Any advice?

Thanks! (also, relatively new to all of this, so apologies if I’m missing something obvious)

2 Likes

bump!

Having the same problem here

This kind of thing is managed on Stripe side, in the Stripe dashboard …

This kind of thing is managed on Stripe side, in the Stripe dashboard

Can you point out how? From my understanding, the ‘cancel_at_period_end’ is a property that is part of the cancellation API call, not any inherent property of a subscription.

I’ve inspected the Bubble Stripe Plugin’s cancellation call and it is passing "cancel_at_period_end": false

This should be a trivial addition to the plugin - just adding a checkbox to the property sheet.

It’s a shame the official plugins are not open source.

3 Likes

I just had the same issue - I’ve resorted to building a parallel integration with Stripe using the API Connector to handle any calls that the official plugin doesn’t yet handle. I hope to upgrade calls to the official API once it gets improved - it will make things much cleaner!

Trying to create a custom Stripe call and cannot get it to work. I’m getting 200 responses, but my JSON body is not changing the variable. Can either of you help me get this to work.

I, too, think that it is a necessary feature to be able to support cancellations at the end of a billing cycle within the Stripe plugin. Can someone please consider looking into this?

1 Like

maybe you can schedule an API workflow for that date/time with the step to cancel

when the user clicks that feature, you schedule the api workflow for the future. It will cancel the moment it runs. Save the Workflow ID in case you need to cancel the workflow if the user decides to renew.

Hello,

Any news about this issue.
I have the same problem, and try see the options about that.

If you were able to convey the information True, I would like to know, because I’ve been trying for days and I can’t.

Thx