Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Connecting Data to Current Page?

Hello to anyone reading this. I’m a very brand new Bubble user so please forgive what I feel like is a very basic question, but I can’t find an answer in any resources.

Basically, I want to build a site for elections, with a page for each ‘Contest’ in the election. I have a dataset of the Contests. I’m using dynamic data to pull in the header and subheader for the page - “Current Page’s Contest’s Riding” and “Current Page’s Contest’s Election”

My questions are:

1. How do I ‘set’ the Current Page’s Contest? Where do I tell the page which Contest to use?

2. How can I dynamically create pages for every Contest is my dataset? Can I use a page as a template and automatically replicate that page for each row in my data?

Screenshots below give a bit of an idea what I’m trying to accomplish. Any advice or resources that could point me in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
Matt

Yes, you can use a page essentially as a template.

What you are doing seems to be correct, but you might not be sending data to the page.
Usually, the data is sent to the page from the previous page (where you navigated to it from).
Here, you are probably using a ‘navigate’ workflow to go to this page with a ‘go to page…’ action.
On this action you’ll see a field called ‘data to send’. This is where you pass the data to this page.

So if you just run this page without any data in context, it might show some dummy text. But if you navigate from a button that sends you to this page with the relevant data passed to it, it will render dynamically and do what you need it to do.

1 Like

Thank you SO MUCH @blurapps - your explanation made it very clear what I needed to do. I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

If there’s any other way I can help, feel free to reach me at www.blurapps.com