Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Coordinates Precision

Hi!
At the end, how does this issue about getting the precise location with the coordinates was solved?

Continuing the discussion from Saving GPS location not Address:

1 Like

You can now set a map’s marker to a lat/long using Calculate Formula / Coordinate to Address.

It seems a bit long winded, but you should be able to search for an address, or put the map in a group and send something to it.

1 Like

Hi Nigel!!! Thanks a lot for that… I think I understood the ’ general concept’, but I cannot make it work. I was trying to replicate the Yelp-like lesson based on this. I tagged you in another ‘topic’, in case you might help. Thanks again!

Yeah, I had a another look at this function, and it wasn’t quite what I had expected it to be. But I think it will do what we want.

@NigelG This works great for a single marker, but what about multiple markers?

I have a List of Things that comes from an API call. Each Thing has a Latitude and Longitude field. I am trying to display these Things on a Map, but so far it’s been proving impossible (I have a project that has been stuck for almost 2 months and I can’t release it because of this issue :frowning: ).
It would be great if the “Address field” (for a Map that shows multiple things) also allowed the “Calculate CoordToAddress” function.
Is there any way to make that work in the current version of Bubble?

Hi @mairabay. Hello everyone.

Did you guys manage to set a marker with a LAT/LON coordinate? Because the “Calculate Formula” seems only to convert address to coordinate.

However, my issue is to set a list of markers very close to each other inside a same address. It is a public square with some sculptures scattered around. I want to mark them. Is it posible?

Thanks!

Nope, at the time I couldn’t get it to work, so I decided to display the items in a list and the user just has to click on each location on the list to see them individually on the map :frowning:
You can see the app working here. I haven’t had time to work on this anymore since it is a volunteer-based project, so I don’t know if there isn’t a way to make it work now.