Creat a thing from repeating group in repeating group

Dear friends, I really need some explanation and help about creating repeating group in repeating group.
I created repeating group(lets call it RG1) and added another repeating group(RG2) into RG1.
RG1 is a list of clients and RG2 is rows of information(input) and buttons.
When I click on button in RG2 I want to create a new thing in database A which would held information from two repeating group.
For example:

• when I click button in RG2 first cell it creates New thing1 in database A from first cell from RG1 and first cell from RG2.
  • when I click button in RG2 second cell it creates New thing2 in database A from first cell from RG1 and second cell from RG2.
  • when I click button in RG2 third cell it creates New thing3 in database A from first cell from RG1 and third cell from RG2.
  • etc
    The problem : I can’t find current cell of RG1 when create workflow from RG2.

Is there a way to get current cell of RG1 from workflow when I click button in current cell of RG2?
How to work around this limitations repeating groups have?
I hope somebody solved this problem and can show me the way. I have broken my brain already.
Thank you in advance.

Hi @play-in-team,

Basically you can’t call any object or element related to a RG’s cell outside the RG. Bubble blocks this behavior because otherwise you would need to check if this cell really exists and that is inconsistent with the idea of developping with nocode (ie. things that work fine are already developed and can be used “as-is”).

-> To target the RG1 current’s cell you need to trigger the workflow from RG1.

Maybe you can try the following if you need to trigger a workflow from RG2 that is targeting RG1 . Put the RG2 inside a Group whose content is of type “item of RG1” and set the data as the current cell. Then you can refer to the Group’s data in your workflow.

Best,

Arthur

2 Likes

Dear Arthur,

You are great, thank you very much. It worked.

I have another question:
In RG2 I have slider. It is starting workflow when it clicked or value is changed. I want to create things from RG1 and RG2 in database when page downloaded then change it via slider.
How can I start my workflow in RG2 when page is downloaded?
Or may be I can use initial content of slider?
Or I should use two database which RG1, RG2 represent and by merging it in some way create all things in database what I need then change it.
What should I use and how?
Please explain.

Thank you in advance.