Creating Alexa Skills Leveraging Bubble and Storyline

Hi everyone! I noticed that others have discussed trying to use Bubble to create Alexa skills and found that it was difficult to implement.

I wanted to let you know that there’s a complementary no-code platform called Storyline that is purpose-built to enable non-coders to develop Alexa skills. It’s a relatively new product and has only basic functionality at this point, but it’s well on its way to becoming a valuable tool.

I wanted to build a skill that requires authentication with Trello and also be able to take data from Trello’s API and manipulate it. That’s where Bubble comes in.

I created a Bubble app that stores the Amazon and Trello credentials I need while processing data from Trello’s API and making it meaningful for someone who’s on the go and wants to get an overview of where their various tasks are at.

I’ve written up an article on how to leverage these two great tools together here. Hope that this helps others who are interested in building some Alexa skills out.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread and I’ll do my best to answer.

4 Likes

I’m a huge fan of Storyline and their team. Once it supports Google Assistant, it’ll be way more useful to me, but it’s great so far!

This looks very interesting.

Thanks for sharing your views with us.