Delete User and All Data From a User

Hello,

I would like to delete a user in a repeating group. How can I do that? I tried deleting all data associated with the user but I was unable to do so. I am not sure how to delete the user or delete them from my repeating group.

Hi there, @25offfn… if you have a repeating group of users, what you are trying to do could be as simple as adding a button or icon that, when clicked, deletes a thing, and the thing to delete is the current cell’s user.

If you want to delete all of the user’s data, you would need to delete that data before you delete the user, and you could do that by going through each data type and deleting a list of things, and the list would be the things that were created by the current cell’s user.

Finally, if you don’t necessarily need to delete the user, you could consider having a field on the User data type to mark the user as inactive, and then you could hide the user and their data in the app but still have the data in the database in case you ever want to bring the user back.

Anyway, without more information about what you are trying to do (screenshots would be helpful), that’s what I’ve got, and I hope it ihelps.

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.