Deleting a group of items from a repeating group

Hey guys,

I can’t seem to figure out how to delete group of items from a repeating group (that is grouped through the “:grouped by” function.

The repeating group:

Bubble error states that list to delete should be list of orders, although it is impossible to change the repeating group from “Grouping” to “Orders” since I used the groupedby function

Is there any way around this? To delete a group of orders from a repeating group?

Many thanks

Edit:
Deleting a single grouping doesn’t work either as it states that it is not a savable item:

I’m sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Create a “grouping” (type grouping) in the data type of order and connect them.

After that
“do search for order (grouping =current cell’s grouping)”
I think it will work.

Hey @makara
No worries and thanks for the suggestion! The ‘Grouping’ isn’t actually a data type I created but bubble’s automatic data type when the :grouped by function is used.

For example:

Best regards,
Phat

Sounds like it might not be a data type then? Is it a state?

Click the “i” icon in the top right of the inspector. See if it lists grouping as a state there. If not, then see if it’s an option, or another part of your data tab.

Type of content refers to a thing that you can access. You just need to figure out where that thing is, and then create a data field in your orders that allows you to access your orders when you’re calling the groupings.

Had the same issue. This solved my problem:

1. Use the “Make changes to” operator instead of the “Delete thing/list” one
  2. Use the “Change another field” option - select “Remove _____”
  3. Plug in your item

I believe the problem here is confusion around typology or just simple semantics. Deleting a “thing” equals deleting a row in a spreadsheet, i.e. your database. If you don’t want to delete a whole row (e.g. item), then you have to use the “Modify a thing” operator to delete only parts of that item.

This is what it looks like for me:

Let me know if this helps!

1 Like