Do a search for failing (sometimes... , and not because of privacy policy)

Hi! I have a workflow that runs on page load. Sometimes it works, and some other it doesn´t. I thought I had messed up with the privacy settings of the app, but it wasn´t that. Just found out it sometimes work and some other doesn´t.

Here it doesn´t →

And here it does →

The funny thing is, nothing has changed in the app (database, design, policy, plugins, the search constraints),

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?

Hey @AAL :wave:

Thanks for the post and sorry for the trouble you’ve experienced with this! There are a couple of things this could be. Might be best to send an email to support@bubble.io with this info and a link to the pages it’s working / not working with. We’d be happy to investigate and if it’s a bug of some kind, we’ll escalate to our bug investigation team.

Don’t hesitate to reach out with any additional questions.

Hi @Andrew.Vernon! I found a way made it work every time.
for security reasons, my privacy settings allowed for the kind of user that performed the “Do a search” to only search all (but not view any field) of the included things. This configuration was the one which generated the unusual behavior in which sometimes results where shown and some others note.

I found two configurations that solved the problem. One was limiting the constrains of the search to a single field (which doesn´t work for me, since I need at least three).

The second one was to allow the user to view the specific fields related to the thing.

Fortunately, these fields are not critical. But I´m thinking in other use cases of my app in which this kind of server side search and results might be a necesary security measure. Is there a way to make this work?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.