Editing a Pop Up, RG data being erased

My struggle with the pop up continues and i cant seem to find a resource.

I can load a pop up with data from the RG but the data looks like it is greyed out. It can be typed over but not editied. Any fields in the PopUp which are not edited at that stage and if the Save button is clicked, the data in those fields is deleted as if the record was overwritten with blank field values.

I saw from this post Saving data from popup, issue with dropdown

that the fields in the popup need to be linked in the placeholder and default value settings. This is actually what i did initially but then of course when i wanted to use the PopUp to add a new record, it displayed the values from the last record viewed. So, i removed the default value settings.

Any help greatly appreciated. I have paid for a few resources NoCodify. The Book about performance, AirDevs Canvas but i’m really struggling to find info on how to do what i think should be pretty standard case use.

I’m not sure what you mean by this? Could you share some screen shots? (I assume you’re talkign about input elements within the popup? or something else?)

Any fields in the PopUp which are not edited at that stage and if the Save button is clicked, the data in those fields is deleted as if the record was overwritten with blank field values.

If the data is in the input’s value (i.e. as it’s default value) then it should still save.

So, i removed the default value settings.

So there’s your answer… if you’ve removed the default values, then the inputs are blank, hence why they are being saved as blank values.

Thanks @adamhholmes . Annoyingly, for some reason my RG and pop up have disappeared from the page. Ive re built them. As you say, i have no issues when i set the default values but the issue i then get is that when i click a button to use the PopUp to add a brand new record, it shows the details of the last record viewed.

Have you reset the data since the previous data was loaded?

As long as you do that it should work fine for what you’re trying to do, so make sure you have that action in the relevant workflows

thanks @adamhholmes . i tried re-sertting element inputs which did not work but i found a post that suggested resetting data and this provides a clean PopUp to add a new thing. :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.