Facebook authentication on native mobile app?

Has anyone successfully integrated signup/login with Facebook on a native mobile app? Mine is working properly on the web application and mobile webpage when accessed via the web, but when I access the native mobile app via the Bubble iOS app and attempt to authenticate, it gives me the error “The redirect_uri URL is not supported”. Is there a separate URL that the native mobile app redirects to? Thanks!

1 Like

This is something that we don’t support while we’re in beta (basically anything that involves a page change won’t work well currently).

In that case any site which uses facebook for user signups wont work :frowning:
Does it work if we use something like gonative.io ??

1 Like

I don’t know. If you experiment it’d be awesome to share your findings with the community.

2 Likes

So gonative does say Facebook, push notifications are available. I’m wondering if there will be limitations on the bubble end to make use of these features. Any idea

I guess there will be, but I can’t say for sure. Why don’t you try and let us know?

To try will cost 750$; that’s the challenge

oh, i guess they changed their pricing, used to be free to try.

I just tried submitting my app and they said it’s in the queue. I assume there will be more hoops to jump through but will keep y’all posted on what I find.

Just got the link to test my native iOS and Android apps (they create a mobile portal within a web browser), and I successfully logged into the app using Facebook, so it seems like this will work properly with a Bubble app. I need to see whether our client wants to move forward with this approach if there are additional costs, but it does seem promising.

2 Likes

@ahaller07 I’m in a similar situation.

From reviewing your post:

1. You have developed a Native Mobile App on bubble.

2. You want to use Facebook for signup / login.

3. Because of the issues you were having with bubble (native mobile apps do not support a page change / deep linking), you used gonative.io to “convert” your bubble native mobile app.

Did this work and meet your requirements? Do you have any feedback to share on this?

Cheers!

Hi @madras, gonative did appear to work properly, but I only tried their demo within a web browser (I didn’t pay to turn my web app into a full native app), so I can’t say for sure that would work seamlessly. Interested in hearing how it goes if you try it though!