Fundraising to create a plugin for iOS and Android with Jasonelle

Hello Bubble community

I’m Alexander and I’m a UX and front-end developer. I’ve been looking at more and more no-code/low-code solutions that can help me do my job faster and easier.

One of the main requirements by customers today is to offer native apps on iOS and Android with functionality like push-notifications, camera use, geo location and so on.
Bubble is a wonderful and advance tool, but it’s missing a crucial part for the mobile development. There are several plugins out there to solve this issue, but they cost a lot to use.

Me and @JohnMark have been talking about making a plugin for Bubble that will integrate Jasonelle into Bubble as a simple plugin for easy and fast development for mobile.

We were thinking of doing some kind of fundraising for this development, mainly by seeing how many would be interested in this. We where thinking of a fee around $50 to purchase the plugin. That means we need about 30-40 people to use this plugin to cover the expenses for development.

Please show your interest below by commenting or liking this post. This would really make Bubble the “it” platform for all kinds of no-code development.

64 Likes

What is Jasonelle? :slight_smile:

:green_square: 10 min. Native App iOS & Android :large_blue_diamond:

The price of the plugin will be reduced after reaching the financial goal in order to allow the entire community to use it at low cost and also allow its maintenance.

(added)
The first objective is to attract the interest of several people. Without critical mass, this project will not take place. It has two ways to simplify life with Jasonelle with a plugin. Make a universal website that points to each application under Apple and Google Stores, and the other method, register its application directly with Xcode (iOS) and Google Studio (Android). The plugin will serve as an easy interface to use Jasonelle’s native functions such as GPS, address book, microphone, banners, just like the BDK plugin, but for free. All suggestions are welcome. The goal is to be able to test your app in minutes directly from Apple and Google Store.

update May 26: Fundraising Week 3 :slight_smile:
34 people :partying_face:

9 Likes

Hey guys, I’d be happy to pitch in to support this. :slight_smile: I’ve gone through the thread you started @JohnMark (or at least a good chunk of it) and I’ve been curious to play around with Jasonelle for a while. One question about a potential plugin: As far as I understand, everything exists within a json file. Would we (users of the plugin) be allowed to access the source file to add or remove native features as please? I understand the challenges of trying to build a plugin for general use cases, and I guess I’m just wondering how flexible a plugin like this would be.

1 Like

I would like to support this! A plugin with good documentation would make a lot of people happy. Good initiative!

1 Like

Hi @jacobgershkovich

The first objective is to attract the interest of several people. Without critical mass, this project will not take place. It has two ways to simplify life with Jasonelle with a plugin. Make a universal website that points to each application under Apple and Google Stores, and the other method, register its application directly with Xcode (iOS) and Google Studio (Android). The plugin will serve as an easy interface to use Jasonelle’s native functions such as GPS, address book, microphone, banners, just like the BDK plugin, but for free. All suggestions are welcome. The goal is to be able to test your app in minutes directly from Apple and Google Store. IMO this project should be built by Bubble @eve @emmanuel.

5 Likes

Count me in.

1 Like

Cool, yeah, count me in.

1 Like

Fundraising Day 5. :+1:

1 Like

I already used Josenelle to wrapp one app (Android). I have to say… I’m impressed with the results. Would I pay $50 for it? Hell yeah I would, actually it’s cheaper than almost any other alternative out there, also it would be suppported on bubble and you can iterate as many time as you want!

5 Likes

Yep I will. I’m in!

1 Like

Hey I’m super down! This is the only reason I haven’t used bubble and if you guys bring this In I’ll jump back on-board ASAP! Email me at directedby44@gmail.com to keep me updated

1 Like

Hello @directedby44

Why are you super down? You can already build your app with Jasonelle in minutes once Xcode has been installed (ver 10.2). Do you know the following post?

10 min. Native App iOS & Android :large_blue_diamond:

Hi guys,
count me in as well.

1 Like

Cool to see so many interested! We’re not far away to being enough people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

GREAT! Few questions:

1. How fast can you make this?
  2. Who will maintain any updates and bug(fix)?
  3. Why don’t you guys just make the plugin? It will be a huge success.

I’m in if you can make this (fast and bug free). It would be the best thing ever (next to the BigMac).

1 Like

Hello @arash.assadian

1. How fast: it will depend on the availability of the plugin developer
  2. One of the necessary conditions is to be already a plugin creator
  3. I will bring my experience but I am not a plugin developer :wink:

First step, lifted interest and funds. :partying_face: Day 6 (21 people)

1 Like

Count me in for $50. For long-term viability, I think Bubble should do this. I can’t imagine they won’t pick up on it at some point, but either way, I’d pay $50 annually for Bubble apps to behave like native phone apps.

1 Like

I’m struggling to understand how this can be a bubble plugin?

Some computer somewhere has to run android studio and the iOS equivalent. That would generate the builds. And something has to push to app store. Sign builds etc.

Struggling to see how a bubble plugin can do that.

Do you have a pathway in mind?

Or does this become another hosted service?

Regards
ZubairLK

1 Like
  1. Wrap Bubble with Jasonelle.
  2. Connect to a third party API to generate the build.
1 Like

Count me in. We can ask the bubble team to build it as well - they have previously built functionality/released plugins based on such fundraising efforts by the community.

2 Likes