Get Google Places - Location

Can anyone please help me with the correct use of Location in Get Google Places API…

At the moment I have an input with a repeating group that displays places from Google Places. When the user selects an address, for example “13 Bellisle Dr, Dundee DD4 8JL”, from the RG. It’s storing the address as “13 W Bellisle Dr, Akron, OH 44319, USA” in my App Data.

I thought by putting United Kingdom in the Location would limit the results to the UK only?

You need to specify Radius if you are using Location.

Probably the best thing to do is set Location to “Current Location”.

If you can make your app public, then it is going to be a lot easier to help.

1 Like

Thank you @NigelG

I see what you mean regarding Location. I will change it to Current Location and see if that displays the results easier.

In regards to storing the places from Google Places… for some reason, the Google Place’s Name was being stored in my App Data as a completely different address. But I changed the field type to text, rather than geographic address, and it appears to have done the trick.

If you store something in an address field, it will try to work out an address based on that text. So it may well end up somewhere you didn’t want it to end up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.