Getting "Place Name" from Geographic Address

I’ve got an interesting predicament here. I have a location searchbar set up that allows the user to search for locations. I’ve set up the Google Maps API such that the user can search for place names (such as “Jim’s Ice Cream Shack” in place of an address). This is all working fine.

The issue arises when I attempt to store this geographic address and then display it. The steps are as follows:

1. User searches for “Jim’s Ice Cream Shack” in the searchbar
  2. The “an input’s value has changed” event is fired. The workflow saves “searchbar location’s value” to state by appending it to a list
  3. A repeating group of all selected locations appears below the searchbar. The cells of the repeatinggroup have a textbox set to “current cell’s geographic address”

The problem is, instead of showing “Jim’s Ice Cream Shack” in the repeatinggroup its address is shown instead. So the user ends up with a list of addresses like “134 Elm St”. From what I can tell, there doesn’t seem to be a field on the “geographical address” data type that allows you to see the place name, even if the maps API is set up to support this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the place names to show instead.

1 Like

Hi

You need to subscribe to the following Zeroqode plugin

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.