Google Sheets + Zapier Integration Help

I’m running into an issue where my Zapier + Bubble + Google Sheets integration isn’t running well. Here is my process:

1. I’d like to have a user input info on the Bubble app and click a Button.
  2. Zapier would trigger to take those user inputs and put into a specific row in my Google Sheet.
  3. Google Sheet has formulas in place to spit out a calculated number based on user inputs.
  4. Bubble App returns calculated number from Google Sheet to user.

My issue is that I don’t know how to set up the Zap Thing in Bubble to be able to be picked up by Zapier. I’m not sure how to make it so that the Zap ID can be appropriately paired with the right workflow. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Kenji,

I did literally that two years ago ( Bubble action → Zapier-> Google Sheets-> Zapier->Bubble, it did work, only…
Unless you have a paid subscription on Zapier this will not be an instant affair. It can take up to a minute before your Google Sheets result is reported back to Bubble. I think this is purposely done by Zapier to push users away from the free model ( in paid model you get to define multi step “zaps”)

In the end I ditched this model and went for the Zeroqode Google Sheets & Charts (Service) Plugin, which did provide the instant action I was graving :slight_smile:

So before I dive back into history how I ended up managing to get it working…do you want “instant result” with the end result in bubble, or is serious lag ( up to one minute) not an issue?

Instant result is required. After working on it further I think it might be best to ditch Zapier and try to do it all in Bubble…or use another no code platform. I appreciate the Zeroqode referral.

Just to be clear, the Zapier method is great when you go on a payed plan ( $20 per month). And as mentioned, the Zeroqode method also provides fast responses. Of course this is all “fast” within the context of that you use an API and Google Sheets needs to do its calculation. No matter what there probably will be a second or so lag.