Hi, Why bubble search location don't save exact keyword?

Hi, I have created a search box that will search for location. unfortunately, when the location is saved in the database, it only saved weird keywords. For example.

I search and save Petronas twin towers, but bubble save like this

Lower Ground, Concourse Level, Menara Berkembar Petronas, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia .

is there any fix? Thank you very much for your help.

Hey @tunhaiy.halid

Thanks for reaching out and great question. Unfortunately, Bubble is at the mercy of how the data comes from Google in this regard. I gave this a quick search and also experienced the same. As part of our Geographic place system, you can use Geographic places:extract to pull out just one part of the address (for instance, just the City) I tested this using your example as an option though and wasn’t able to find just ‘Petronas Twin Towers’. But, I didn’t test all the values. Worth digging on this a little for sure.

One workaround might be to explore the Google places API where you can save information specific to a place (outside of just address). For instance, a place name, type etc. There are a few plugins in the marketplace that offer this functionality or you could use our API connector to build your own connection.

And as always, don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at Support@Bubble.io if this kicks up any additional questions.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info, will try the tips given.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.