How can a timer remain active even if no one is on the app?

Hi there! I’m in bit of a struggle. So I have a timer that can properly countdown, however if there are no users on the app, the countdown pauses until a user loads into a page. (The countdown makes changes to a field every second.) Is there a way to potentially have the countdown remain active even if no one is on the app?

Backend workflow (Scheduled workflows). It will work independently if a user is on a page or not.

1 Like

Honestly, I would consider the FREE plugin by withcopilot. That plugin is excellent and very easy to use. It doesn’t use any backend workflows or any creative tricks. It’s straightforward.

Hi there @ben4, thanks for taking time to reply! What is plugin called?

Hi @anon91833042! Thanks for taking the time to reply! Involving APIs? Or…?

Countdown. It’s so simple. :slight_smile: https://www.loom.com/share/4af78578e3ca4e92a76f8a6d54a9db22

Thank you sincerely! Can the countdown remain active even if there are no users on the app? Sorry if it’s a silly question, timers and timing in general on Bubble for me is a bit new. :smile:

You can if you tie it to a record.

Sorry for the delay, what do you mean by that sorry?

The end date of the timer needs to be tied to a record. Maybe a user, or something the page received on page load.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.