How could a flexible, simple garden map be realized?

Hey Bubblers

My idea is to create a garden planner SaaS tool. The base for this should be a simple map tool, where you can simply put the garden together. At first I was planning to solve this with repeating groups and then simply assign a data type to each cell. My main problem is that I don’t think this is flexible enough. Gardens are often not perfectly square. For example, there is a good chance that a tree, garden house or pond has to be placed across several cells.

Just a fast sketch (Screenshot) of how I imagined it at the beginning. The user clicks on a cell in the repeating group and selects a path, lawn or garden shed via a pop-up: Bildschirmfoto-2024-03-04-um-15-28-32 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this with Bubble? It would be good if the objects you assign are data objects from Bubble, as the basis should be a plant database. The user should therefore be able to create a database of his plants and then allocate them on a map.

Probably possible with enough plugins, but I wouldn’t touch this project with Bubble with a ten foot yard pole, if this is the core feature of your app.

1 Like