How to allow multiple users to make changes to a list of "things"

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out how I can make it possible for multiple users of my app to make changes to a list of “things”.

The scenario is that one user will create this list, and then share it with one or more other users (who may or may not already be signed up), giving them the ability to make changes to the list. The list is a list of travel plans, the idea is that a group of people traveling together can collaborate on their itinerary.

I’ve done all the tutorials and searched through this forum but I haven’t been able to find a solution to this.

Does anyone know how I can go about setting this up?

Thanks so much!

Hi @ciristowell,

You’ll want to make “Itinerary” it’s own data type with fields that are User types within it so that you can link Users to an Itinerary. You would also need Travel Plan to be another data type that gets added to a List of Travel Plans within the Itinerary. So the structure of data types could look like this:

Travel Plan

• Description (text)
  • Date (date)
  • Location (geographic address)
  • Created By (this is a built-in field, but you could use this to know who created the plan)

Itinerary

• Plans (list of Travel Plans)
  • Users (list of Users)
  • Name (text)

User

• Name (text)
  • Travel Buddies (list of Users)

… etc.

So, an itinerary gets created and users get added to the Users list. Then each User can create a Travel Plan and add it to an itinerary (identified by name and/or User list containing the current user - lots of ways to identify depending on how you display things too)

Then all users should be able to see any Itinerary they are a part of as well as its Travel plans, which they can then edit, given the appropriate interface.

This is a high-level summary of how I’d organize this, but give it a shot and if you have any questions about the technical how-to’s just keep posting :slight_smile:

Gaby | Coaching Bubble