How To Build An IMDb Clone Without Code - Bubble

One of the biggest revolutions across the maker landscape has been the movement in no-code tools. Traditionally, building software was an exclusive privilege carried by engineers who had spent years perfecting their craft. By reducing this barrier to entry, makers from all backgrounds can now build powerful software of their own.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://bubble.io/blog/build-imdb-no-code/
1 Like

Thank you so much for this awesome post. I went through all the tutorials but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a tad bit out of my depth. I’ve gone through this post and all seems to be fine except I can’t actually input a movie. Nothing happens. At least nothing appears to happen.

I tried moving on to the next step (repeating groups) but I feel like there is a pertinent piece of information missing. My repeating group looks nothing like the picture and trying to refine by category results in an error in the Data source field.

Any chance you can help me out? Thank you!

This is interesting but for me it’s missing one of the key things that IMDB does and I am trying to achieve in a different app - when a review gets added it should update the ‘Rating’ of the movie, therefore becoming an average of all user ratings. It should also be possible to list all movies by this average user rating. This seems incredibly difficult in Bubble from what I have experienced so far, so it would have been good to see you do that in this example.