How to compare the input text with the data on existing table

Hi I had created input-element that would want to use the entered-data to search/compare with the existing information (data-fields) in the table. And when the entered data is found and correct I would want to display the specific data-field in the record that is related to that of which is entered.

Example: I enter the student number and the name and last name is returned instead. And if is wrongstudent number or doesn’t exist in the table and re-enter-message box is displayed

For your example, you can do something like this:

Have a group element next to your input. Set it to type User (or Student… whatever data type you’re searching).

Set the data source of the group to “Search for Users :first item”. The search should have a constraint: “student number = input’s value”.

Inside the group add a text to display "parent group user’s first name [space] parent group user’s last name"

Add a condition to this text: When parent group’s user is empty & input’s value is not empty> change text: "no student found"

So, the group will check for a matching user. Inside the group is the text that will either display the student name or say nothing was found.

Gaby | Coaching Bubble
Private coaching, courses, and tons of free resources

2 Likes

HI Gaby, Thanks for the conditional formatting tip but the instruction:
"Add a condition to this text: When parent group’s user is empty & input’s value is not empty> change text: “no student found”
this instructions don’t allow me to include the (>change text:“no student found” ) part when I try to type it on the same line it doesn’t reflect in green to indicate that is part of constraint statement.

The conditional statement ends at “Input value is not empty”

Right below, you can select a property to change. Select “text” and a new input will show up to type in the conditional text.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.