I would like to add Members to a specific Team, but I cannot get the Workflow (ie; when Add Member is clicked add member to XYZ Team) I just keep getting errors?
I have a page created team/zyz-team (this is created dynamically from the team name that is entered on the homepage), and this is where I have the Add Team Members field, but like I mentioned I cannot connect the 2 Data Types (Team & Member) and for a Workflow to work correctly?
Can you share the page and workflow you built? It can be via screenshots or a view app link.
Anyway, I’d try first by having a field Member List in the Team thing and then simply adding the Member to that list, and also having a field called “Belongs to what team” in the Member thing and put the Team there, but I suspect that what you’re wanting to achieve is more complex than that.
Based on what I’m looking at, it looks like you’re trying to set things to “Current Page’s Team,” but the Current Page does not have a Team assigned anywhere. That’s likely why nothing is happening. At some point on page load, you’ll need to set the Page data as a team.
Well, I’m not sure based on how you set it up. You might be able to use a Page is Loaded event to do that, then a “Display Data” action where you get the team from the URL. I would usually recommend sending the data when the user navigates to the page as part of the “go to page” action, but because you’re using the Get Data from URL, not sure the best way to do that.
I’ll answer here now.
So you’ll have to change how you send the user to the Team Page. My suggestion was to use “send data to page” to send the user to the Team Page, instead of the current way you are doing with the URL.
I’ve set an example in the app, take a look at it. It sends the data of the newly created team to the Team page, and every element there now can draw data from the team page.
Check specifically the workflow that creates a team at the index page.
The issue there is that I can’t automatically go to the Team page when the button is pressed. I need to show the team URL that is already there (ie; mysite.com/team/team-acme). Then the user clicks that link to go to the team page. So your current method will not work
Yes. Sorry have adjusted the view in the DB. That’s all cool.
But with the ‘go to page’ like I mentioned I need to display the link first on the homepage. It’s inside the Group Team Link. I need to have this show first, then a user clicks (or copies) this link to go to the homepage. Currently with the Workflow set on the button the user will not get to see this link?
Yes, the user will not see the link, no need for that. The user will click the “create team” and be immediately sent to the team page. It’s easier for the user.
If you need to show the link you can show the link at the team page.
How could I create, say on the Team page, a button that says ‘Copy Team URL’ that would copy ie; https://mysite.com/team/team-acme which a user could then share with other team members?
I looked everywhere on how to do this, but could not find a solution
You can use the plugin “Air copy to clipboard” for that.
Uhm, I really haven’t touched that part of Bubble yet, so I’m unaware on how to get better links, you’ll have to search the forum or open another topic for that.