Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to create a page without the new responsive engine

Hi, I’m creating a new app and apparently the pages can only come with the new responsive engine. Is there a way to have the old type of page?

Hi there, @gianluca1… the short answer is no, but honestly, you should dive in and learn the new engine. Once you get going on it, you won’t look back.

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

Actually, I just remembered this loophole (which may or may not be relevant to you), but again, you really should learn the new responsive engine.

Thank you. By the way:

• the new engine is basically impossible to be used for a single page mobile app with many nested groups
  • I built 2 complex apps so far with the old engine. I spent some days on the new engine when they launched it and found it so so frustrating when it comes to nested groups. It really raised the bar. The opposite of what a no-code tool should do.

Seriously, why would you want to create a new app with an outdated, less performant, much slower to build, and ridiculously complicated to edit/update old responsive engine?…

• the new engine is basically impossible to be used for a single page mobile app with many nested groups

That’s obviously completely incorrect… but perhaps you can elaborate on why you think that?

In what way is it difficult to use nested groups?

If you’re not familiar with flex box, then sure it can take a bit of time to understand…

But if you are EVERYTHING is soooooo much faster and easier to build, and even easier to maintain and modify…

1 Like