New Responsive Engine Concern

I asked support about this, but haven’t heard back. So, I’m curious if anyone in the community knows this…

We have a one-page app that has several hidden groups which sort of act like “pages” within the app. If we apply the new responsive engine to the main page of our app with all of these groups/pages, will we experience UI changes immediately (i.e. will things look/align/size differently right away) or does the new engine “inherit” the current “responsiveness” and we can then apply the new settings to individual groups as needed?

What we’re trying to avoid is applying the new responsive engine our our main app and need to make tons of changes quickly and release overnight or something.

What would you expect to happen if we applied the new responsive engine?

Upgrading can more or less maintain the responsive behaviour, just make sure you check the right checkbox in the modal.

It is important to note that you will likely require some tweaks and depending on how exactly you’ve achieved your current responsive layout, it may be hardly anything, or it may be a bit of work.

My recommendation would be to create a new page which is a clone of your index (I assume your app sits on the index). Then take that new page and upgrade it to the new responsive engine.

You can then work on it in the background and when you’re happy with it, make it new index. This means there’s no rush to fix it.

1 Like

My experience changing the responsive engine was horrible. I am 100% sure that I will have to take a time to make it all again. Note that I liked the new engine, but hated the automatic result of this transition. I think it is something you will have to do manually.

This is a good and safe way to see the result…