How to make a form builder?

Hi!

I am interested in developing an instance of a form builder as part of my current web app. I need “admins” to be able to dynamically create forms with a very basic system where I can create questions with any “type” for example date, multiline input, and etc and to be able to move them up/down on how they show and then users to be able to view these forms (based on permissions) and complete them and send them for review.

I have no issue with the idea of permission-based review, completion, etc but I am wondering how to create a form builder. Initially, I thought of creating a repeating group with a search for a question data type, these questions are held as a list as part of a “form” data type and then to show the data that way. I soon came to realize that this is probably a little out of my comfort zone without having any guidance on where to go with it.

To me, the main goal is to have a form builder and importantly be able to display this form anywhere on the page (eg not just on the builder page) and have users complete and submit them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Not directly a useful answer but this product might give you some ideas of how to approach it. I think a key concept is a separation of “form design (survey/questionnaire creation, Q1 is options, Q2 is free text etc)” vs “form render” (a way of displaying these dynamically created surveys).
https://surveyjs.io/

2 Likes

Thank you for that I will for sure have a look at it and see if it can help me incorporate it into bubble.

Have a look at Typeform integration too :slight_smile:

Form
Title (text)
Questions (list of question)

Question
Type (option set eg; Input, Date, Number, Multiline input)
Title (text)
Caption (text)

Form Submission

?

Does this type of data set up seem like it makes sense?

I have had a peek but confused me at first glance - also concerned that I can only seem to have 10 responses per month?

Maybe that’s a restriction on a free account :woman_shrugging:

Seems to be the case - not really in a position to start spending money on this just yet, I at least want to try to get some form of bubble built system in place first. Good idea though and I’ll keep it in mind.

Still looking for some advice on this please if anyone can help!

We do have a form builder template that you might want to check out - Zeroqode | No-code apps, plugins, native apps builder for bubble.io and more

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode
#1 Bubble Publisher and Developer

logo-icon-S-circle

:file_folder: 130+ Bubble Templates
:mortar_board: 25+ Bubble Courses
:gear: 300+ Bubble Plugins
:iphone: Convert Bubble app to iOS & Android
:man_technologist:t4: No-code Development Services

That’d be a good option - I had seen it but $149 is far too much for me personally unfortunately.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.