Icon tooltips inaccurate

The tooltip that appears for an icon is intermittently inaccurate. Sometimes it’s accurately the value set in the element’s Tooltip property, but other times for the same icon what appears is the icon’s name. For example, I have an icon element with the fa-folder-open icon selected and “Details” in its Tooltip property. In the app preview, hovering the cursor over the element sometimes shows “Details” and sometimes shows “folder open”. It’s difficult to tell precisely, but it seems like potentially the accurate tooltip appears when hovering over the element’s padding while the inaccurate tooltip appears when hovering over the icon’s graphic itself.

1 Like

do you have conditionals on the icon?

do you have more than 1 icon in same position?

Thanks for the ideas regarding what I might have overlooked. There’s not a lurking explanation like those. I had also submitted a formal bug report, and Bubble support has replicated.

2 Likes

Yes, getting the same thing. I rely on tooltip text a lot. I wonder if anyone recommends any solution or plugins that can fix this?

I might have found the culprit. It has to do with all the icons from the Font Awesome V4 family. Avoid them and use others. Icons from Font Awesome v6 are ok.

I too am now getting inaccurate tooltips on many of my icons which have been working fine for a few years.
It appears to be on ones with conditionals too.

Hopefully Bubble can fix this so I do not have to check each and every one app-wide.

FYI, all, the issue is present in the live version even of an app that was last deployed to live prior to the recent Button + icon element improvements, which seemed to trigger this bug.

I’ll check in with our support team about this ticket. Thanks for flagging!

I noticed that some icons alternate between the icon name and the custom tooltip randomly each time the icon is hovered like related by @davidb . Even if the tooltip has (or not) a conditional (on hover).

chrome_0THX6zM5mb

Edited: As additional info, all of my icon elements throughout the app are presenting the same behavior. At the moment I’m just using FA 4.7 icons (I didn’t change to any of the libraries that were added in the last button update), I just kept the ones that already existed.

This bug was fixed in a release a few hours ago.

Thanks, @nick.carroll as well as Bubble Support colleagues I corresponded with (@Jason_BubbleSupport? and others).

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.