iPhone Autofill of text input boxes not working

When I click into a text input box (e.g., the enter email address box) on my app on an iPhone (using the chrome mobile browser), the iPhone suggests some autofill email addresses just above the keyboard. When I click the email address to select it (which usually then populates the currently selected text input field), nothing happens. Is there something I have to do to enable the use of the iPhone text autofill suggestions?

Thanks!

Does it work with Safari ? Best to post a link to your app

Just realised mine does not work in chrome although iOS does . You can test if auto fill in chrome works here http://www.tohodo.com/autofill/form.html anyone else seeing this or is it by design

Either of you guys figure out a solution here? Noticing the same issue and this seems to be the only post I can find on it.

Same issue here, Did you find out how to solve it?

Did anyone find a solution here? I’m having the same problem. Makes the signup and login process a bit tedious.

Mine is working fine on IOS both in Safari and in Chrome. For auto fill, click the password field first instead of email, then select the auto fill. It’ll populate both email and pass.

Thank you. My bigger issue is with the sign-up process. iPhone/Mac safari suggests my email, but when I click it, it doesn’t fill the email input

What version of IOS are you on? Have you tried deleting the auto fill then adding it back in?

I’m on latests iOS for iPhone, and High Sierra on my Mac.

RG

What do your safari settings look like?

General > Safari

Unfortunately, Chrome on iPhone doesn’t directly integrate with the iPhone’s built-in password manager like Safari does. This means you can’t leverage the iPhone’s Autofill feature for passwords saved within Chrome. However, there is a workaround to enable Chrome to manage your passwords and have them filled automatically within the Chrome app itself:-
1. Enable Autofill in Chrome Settings:-

• Open the Chrome app on your iPhone.
  • Tap the More icon (three dots) in the bottom right corner.
  • Tap on Settings.
  • Scroll down and tap on Password Manager.
  • Make sure the toggle next to Save passwords is turned ON.

2. Allow Chrome to Autofill Passwords:-

• Now, when you visit a website on Chrome that requires a login, Chrome will prompt you to save your username and password.
  • Tap Save when prompted.

From then on, whenever you revisit that website within Chrome, Chrome should automatically fill in your saved username and password, eliminating the need to type them manually. Follow for more details assistance below.