Issue with using Twilio in Bubble App the first time

Hi @johnny , I am trying to use @copilot 's twilio plugin for 2 way conversations but I am having quite a bit of trouble. I cannot find good information anywhere regarding how to implement it. Would you be able to assist?

Hi @placolla13,

I actually phased all my apps that use Twilio out of CoPilot’s plugin to my own API calls, so I’m not sure that I’m much help in this case :frowning:

Do you have ideas, suggestions or even screenshots on how you created your own APIs to accomplish that?

I just do one way texting

I battled for hours before finding this tip! Well done and thank you for posting this solution.

1 Like

Hi Zeephonic, are you using 2way messaging with Twilio in your app? I am having issues with receiving messages and was wondering if you could help point me in the right direction if you know

Hello @gilles and thank you for your advice. However, I put my own phone number in “To” fields in the parameters and I got this issue:

{“code”: 21604, “message”: “A ‘To’ phone number is required.”, “more_info”: “The destination 'To' phone number is required to send an SMS | Twilio”, “status”: 400}

How my number could be invalid? Is it because I’m in France? I need to set up twilio differently?

Hi,

Try putting a +1 or +001 or +00 (what ever your international dial number is) instead of +3 etc.

If that doesn’t work, contact twillio support to see how an outbound call from France should be setup.

Cheers,
G

1 Like

With Bubble GET/POST update, you can now receive incoming messages from Twilio. Go to Phone Numbers, Active > Open Number > Configuration/Webhook and set the initialize URL in Twilio. Have the Detect Data opened and send a message. The API will connect and then update the Webhook in Twilio to remove the initialize. You should see the incoming messages in the App Data…