Just a little curious Bubble User Opinions

While building some pages today, I kept jumping between using the responsive engine and Bubble Classic (That’s my nickname for it). I started noticing that more complex pages seemed to take more time with the responsive engine over using Bubble Classic. I thought I would post a friendly question.

Does anyone prefer using the classic engine over the responsive engine? If so, why?

Note: I want to point out that there are certain things I like about both engines, but some things like images seem to be much easier in Bubble Classic.

1 Like

FYI… someone asked the same question just a couple of hours ago.

2 Likes

Sorry man…didn’t see that one posted.

No worries… just threw it out there for reference.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm this or not? This is a legitimate question. :orange_circle:

No… from my understanding from just reading forum posts speed with new responsive is faster. Not slower.

@nick.carroll might be able to chime in with specifics. I’ve also seen @cal publish some performance improvement experimental features.

2 Likes

It’s more to do with pages using complex repeating groups. For example, I may have a RG with 15 data points on each row (Pulling from multiple data types). Getting everything to align perfectly has been an issue for me.

It can always be user error, but I found the old system a little easier for these scenarios.

1 Like

I also should have been more detailed in my original post. I meant the development time for complex pages was a little tougher. It could just be me needing to find the right methodology. :slight_smile:

No, not really. On the old engine I kept on tweaking and tweaking the responsiveness. On the new one its very clear what will happen. I use the tree structure combined with a couple of pixels of padding while building to be able to select the different elements quickly and once the overall tech and design is ready I remove unwanted padding.

But the freedom of design the old engine offered I do sometimes miss. Saturday morning, a cup of coffee, a clean Bubble canvas in front of you and being able to draw exactly what you want was such an experience.

Gerbert
MVP Design

3 Likes