Link to workflow

One idea I’d love to see is to link workflows more together from an editing viewpoint. In the beautifully illustrated example below for example, a Custom Workflow is being triggered from another workflow. When I right click, the menu could include an option for “edit workflow” or “go to workflow”, so that I can quickly jump into it when needed.

I’m sure this could be extended to other things too (API workflows come to mind).

8 Likes

Totally agree, its a small thing but long term becomes nifty and really speeds up jumping about in the Bubble editor.

On a related note:

4 Likes

I like this idea. The solution right now is to do an app search (magnifying glass in upper right) and search all “Trigger Custom Event” actions. Same for finding any actions that Schedule an API Endpoint (single or list).

4 Likes

We just added that :slight_smile: (both)

21 Likes

Haha! Thank you!

2 Likes

This was something I needed when I made the first single page application. Just as I was sharing it, it came to my mind, whether this idea had come to anyone’s mind? Then I found Luke’s posts, and now it’s become to real. Thanks @luke2, @romanmg , @emmanuel

2 Likes

That’s fantastic, talk about quick delivery!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you! :smile:

2 Likes

Wow… only 3 hours between the idea post and the actual live implementation!

This is impressive! Nice work!

4 Likes

This has become part of my. muscle memory already, thanks again!

One really small improvement that I’ve notice in the issue console as well: when jumping to an API workflow, it selects it, but it doesn’t scroll to it. In my app I have a huge number of different workflows, so this takes a second or two extra each time to locate the workflow.

Is that a simple fix @emmanuel?

1 Like

It’s hard to tell like this. If you can submit a bug report with an actual situation to look at we’ll have a look.

1 Like

I didn’t even know I needed this but I totally did. Awesome!

Ok sure, I’ll do that, thanks.

This is great, very handy to get from workflow to workflow.

@emmanuel please would it be possible to add the ‘Edit workflow’ option when triggering a custom event from a reusable element. This would then allow jumping between the page and re-usable elements much quicker to modify.

Cheers

2 Likes

I tab my REU’s and pages. Helps a lot.