Linking repeating group scrolling positions?

I have three repeating groups that are displaying the same data and I have three because I use them to change between different views in my app. I’m trying to make it so that the scrolling position in all three repeating groups remains the same as the user changes between views. I’ve tried using scroll spy plugins to set states, but this doesn’t seem to work, and I’m also investigating how to use CSS to resize the different elements on the page instead of having three different groups that I hide and show, but this seems like it’s going to be a big challenge. Here’s a video showing the problem. Anyone have some thoughts about how I might solve this? Thanks!

Video description

Hi there, @philip.r.deng… I don’t know if this idea will work for you, but I was trying a couple of weeks ago to do something similar to what you have described when this post hit the forum…

The video does a great job (shout out to @Thiago!) of showing how to use the Toolbox plugin and one line of Javascript to scroll to a dynamic position on a page. I was able to use the info to return to a user’s scrolling position within multiple repeating groups (albeit, repeating groups with different data in them), and I am wondering if you might be able to do the same thing.

Bubble enables you to store the Current page scrolling position, so maybe you can store that value on the user as they move from group to group and then use the value to scroll to the same position in the most recently-opened group. Like I said, I’m not sure if this idea will work for you, and the groups being different widths could make it a non-starter. That being said, it worked like a charm for me, so I didn’t think it could hurt to throw it out there, even if it just ends up being food for thought.

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

Thank you @mikeloc ! I’m going to check this out asap and see what I can hack together.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.